Visas Canada. Canadian Visas. Student Authorizations Canada. TOEIC Canada. TOEFL Canada

Canadian Visas

Vancouver English Centre

Student Visa Authorizations

International students require student authorizations (student visas) if they plan to study English in Canada for more than three months.  People from many countries require visitor visas, even if they study in Canada for less than three months.

Qualifying for a Canadian Visa

After you apply for the courses you want to take, you will receive a letter of acceptance from Vancouver English Centre.

Before you apply for your student authorization or visitor visa, you must have:

  • a valid passport
  • a letter of acceptance from VEC
  • proof that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants for your entire stay in Canada
  • a letter from your sponsoring organization if you are being sponsored, and,
  • a medical clearance, if required.

Financial support

You must be able to prove you can support yourself and your dependants before a student authorization can be issued. A letter from your bank, a bank draft or a letter from your source of funding will show CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) officials that you can afford to pay your expenses and, if necessary, the expenses of your spouse and dependants, while you are in Canada.

These expenses include tuition, food, clothing, shelter, books, transportation, medical insurance, entertainment, personal or family needs and return trips home.

Character reference

To be accepted by CIC officials, you must prove you are a responsible person and that you have no criminal record. You may be asked to provide evidence of this through your local authorities.

Health standards

You must be in good health. You may be asked for a medical certificate if you have been living in a country with a high health risk.
Canadian officials will tell you what you need when you make your application.

Student authorization

Once you have all the letters and documents required, you may apply for your student authorization. Normally, you will have to apply at the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.

Unless there are special circumstances, your student authorization for post-secondary study should be valid for the duration of your course of studies.

Arrival in Canada

Once you have all your papers and have arrived in Canada, you must show CIC officials the following documents:

  • your student authorization (form IMM 1208),
  • a valid passport,
  • valid visitor visa if required, and
  • any letters or papers used to obtain your student authorization.

How To Apply For Canadian Visas
Financial Requirements For Visa Applicants
"Proof of Intention To Return" Requirements For Applicants
Visa Requirements For The Business Internship Program

Courses and Programs
Pop Culture Courses in Canada
Survival English Courses in Canada
English Writing Courses in Canada
Business English Courses in Canada
English Listening Courses in Canada
Language is Culture Course in Canada
TOEFL Preparation Courses in Canada
TOEIC Preparation Courses in Canada
English Pronunciation Courses in Canada
Business Internship Programs in Canada

To be removed.

To be removed.

To be removed.

Vancouver English Centre
250 Smithe Street
Vancouver, BC  V6B 1E7  Canada
Tel.: 1-604-687 1600  Fax: 1-604-687 1660

© 2002-5 Vancouver English Centre

Canadian Employment Visas
Visa Trip to Seattle
Prepare for Canada
English Language Programs
English in Canada
Test Preparation in Canada
TOEFL Preparation in Vancouver
TOEIC Preparation in Vancouver
Comparison of USA & Canada
Vacation Study Program
Internship Program
Internship Program Description
Business Course Schedules
Business Course Start Dates
Business Course Content
Internship Employers
Student Comments
Employers' Perspective
Teaching English
as a foreign Language (TEFL)
Minimum Level Requirements
Visas in Canada
Homestays in Vancouver
Leisure & Sightseeing
Vancouver Attractions
Sightseeing in Vancouver
See Canada
Comparing Schools
VEC Computer Labs
VEC Level System
English Schools in Canada
ESL in Canada
ESL Abbreviations
VEC Programs

VEC Links
Canadian Visas
VLC in Guadalajara Mexico
English Courses in Mexico
Spanish Courses in Mexico
Studying Abroad in Mexico
TEFL / TESL in Mexico
Primary School in Mexico
Homestays in Mexico
Attractions in Guadalajara
Visas in Mexico
Site Map
VEC Level System
English Courses
Internship Program
Teaching English
as a foreign Language
Comparing Schools
Student Bank Accounts
Any Questions ???
Spanish & English 
in Guadalajara, Mexico
United States Student Visas